... is a new 'Cloud Management System' for the
Torque Game Engine.
It adds new functionality and flexibility, allowing game developers
to quickly create beautiful, lifelike and dynamic skies for their
Many developers want fine-grained control over the appearance and
behavior of their skies. Traditional Torques cloud layers just didn't
allow for that, Cirrus Skies delivers it!
- Includes 3 procedurally generated cloud-effects
- Arbitrary number of cloud layers per mission
- Ability to toggle and fade all layers independently
- Ability to set or fade any layer to any transparency value
- Ability to select different source-types for each cloud-layer's texture
- Ability to create star-fields and other visual effects
- Ability to easily create new cloud-layer effects via. sub-classing
This product will initially be available on the Torque Game Engine:
TGE-1.5.2. We are currently porting it to the
Torque Game Engine Advanced: TGEA-1.8.
As soon as more info is available on this, it will be posted.
At the GarageGames: Developer Store (under `Tools').
(As of 2/12/2009)
Cirrus Skies: Image Gallery
Cirrus Skies: Blog
Dragonfly Software is proud to announce the immediate release of: Cirrus Skies for TGEA. Truth be told we quietly launched it some time back to see how things went. No major issues... Read more
Dragonfly Software is proud to announce the immediate release of our first product: Cirrus Skies.
This is something that I have worked hard on for a long time. I want to thank the great... Read more
envX is an overhaul of the cloud and fog layers built into the Torque Game Engine . The goal is to add new functionality and flexibility for game developers. Formerly... Read more
It turns out the cloud-handler in Torque is rather deficient. Making matters worse it is a part of the ‘Sky.cc’ class, along with many other things that definitely... Read more